Weddings at St. George's
Holding a wedding at Historic St. George’s ensures a memorable setting for your marriage vows. For daytime services, the light-filled Georgian sanctuary surrounds your wedding party and guests with a special glow. In the evening, the candlesticks throw their own special illumination. We invite you to explore the possibility of beginning your marriage in the place where Methodism had its start in America.
The Easy Steps to Get to "I Do"
- Visit the Church to understand the physical layout. You may attend services on Sunday at 10 AM or call the church office at 215-925-7788 to visit during the week.
- Call us to confirm availability of your preferred date
- Review Wedding Information (carefully, please! Particularly the bits about accessibility, parking and confetti, etc.) Download using button below.
- Sign Contract and Send Payment
- IF you are using your own clergy, please have that person send confirmation of ordination to the office.*
- IF you are using Pastor Mark, please make arrangements for pre-wedding counseling.*
- Make arrangements with musicians of your choice (some suggestions in the Wedding Information document).*
- Our Wedding Coordinator will contact you to confirm rehearsal and wedding times.**
* Payment to minister and musicians are separate from the fee for the sanctuary and is made directly to that individual.
** Wedding coordinator fee is included in fee for sanctuary.